Just for the girls!

We understand that you have great needs growing up in this generation. Abortion,drugs, homosexuality, where can you turn? Are you confused? Perhaps even afraid? We want you to know you have a safe place to come. We also want to help you develop as a leader among your peers. We know how powerful your life can be when God is your focus. Just as Paul encouraged Timothy we also urge you to "Set an example to all believers in faith, life, love, and purity" All to God's glory and your greater good

Abandoned by a Friend

I'm trying to stay strong but I am so hurt. I have a friend that I dearly love and miss, but for some reason shes completely abandoned me. The thing I don't understand is that she says she is my friend and everything is fine when we talk, but nothing ever really changes. I've tried everything I know to do, but nothing works. I don't want to participate in this pretentiousness but my heart won't let me let go. What does 0ne do with that?

Anonymous

1 comment:

Becky, Girlfriends' Mentor said...

Friend,

I can feel your pain and loneliness because of the chasm between you and your friend. It sounds like you really care about her and would like to understand what has gone wrong and restore your relationship. The first thing I would do is get on my knees and pray and really search my heart and ask God to show me if I have sinned or hurt my friend in any way. Secondly, if you realize you have, confess it to God and then go and ask forgiveness from your friend. If you don't believe you have, I would visit her and humbly share your heart. Let her know that you value her friendship and feel as if you are not close like you used to be. Ask her point blank if you have hurt her in some way that you are not aware of so you can ask forgiveness. Third, realize that you cannot control other people, only yourself. She may not be willing to be honest or to restore the relationship, but you can still choose to have a loving, godly attitude no matter what her response. John emphasized over and over in the book of 1st John that God calls us believers in Jesus to love one another (1 John 4:11). Last, take comfort in the fact that although people will disappoint you, leave you, and hurt you, God never will. Romans 8:35-39 says, "Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."