Just for the girls!

We understand that you have great needs growing up in this generation. Abortion,drugs, homosexuality, where can you turn? Are you confused? Perhaps even afraid? We want you to know you have a safe place to come. We also want to help you develop as a leader among your peers. We know how powerful your life can be when God is your focus. Just as Paul encouraged Timothy we also urge you to "Set an example to all believers in faith, life, love, and purity" All to God's glory and your greater good

What should I do about girls my age who are having premarital sex?

I am not sure what to do anymore... I know a bunch of girls my age at my school that are having sex and it worries me because I know what God thinks about that and it also worries me that I am 13 and that shouldn't be happening at their ages.

I have tried talking to my principal about it and I tried to start a club that allows girls to talk about peer pressure and sex, and she said that she would call a couple of people to see if they would support that group. I haven't heard anything from her since then.

What aggravates me is that the school isn't going to make an effort to change. I know one girl that quit school because she was pregnant. Guess how old she is..13 or 14. I know another girl that is a day older than me and she had sex with a guy that is 18 or 19 that lives across the street from me. I have no idea what to do except pray about it.

Kadyn, Mississippi

1 comment:

Becky, Girlfriends' Mentor said...

Dear Kayden, MS

It sounds like you are really concerned for those around you at your school and in your town. That's what Jesus is all about--loving other people and wanting them to turn from their sin and to Him. Here are some things to encourage you as you live for God at your school.

First, reach out in love, not condemnation, to the girls at your school as you point them to the One who can change them. We are all sinners (Romans 3:23) and without Jesus Christ to save us and make us a new creation (2 Cor. 5:17), we would all be living to fulfill the lusts of our flesh (1 John 2:16). Jesus showed us what to do when he spoke to two adulterous women in John chapters 4 and 8. He didn't condemn them; he loved them even while he offered eternal life (John 4:10, 14) and told them to sin no more (John 8:11). So as God gives you opportunities to talk with those around you, be faithful to point them to life in Jesus with love.

Second, as you are able to influence those around you for Christ and lead them to salvation in Jesus, that's when you can teach them how to live for God. Matt. 28:19-20 says, "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you..." See the order? Salvation first, then learning to live in obedience to God. People can't change themselves. After salvation God can change them and teach them how to live (See Eph. 4, which talks about putting off the old person we were before salvation and then "put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.")

Third, be a light to share Jesus where God gives you opportunity. Be a godly influence with those with whom God brings you in contact. You talked about a club. What about a Bible study that meets before school? It would be a way for the Christians at your school to learn how to live for God and an outreach to those who aren't saved when you invite them to come and hear about Jesus. Even when there are people you are burdened for but can't talk to, you are right when you said you can pray! God can and will be working in their lives because of your prayers.

Fourth, be an active part of your church and youth group and let your youth pastor know you are interested in the True Love Waits program, which is all about sexual purity (for more information, go to lifeway.com/tlw/). A purity ring could be a discussion starter with girls at your school.

Don't be discouraged as you live for God in your school. Remember what Jesus said when he sent us out to be his witnesses, "All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth," and, "I am with you always," (Matt. 28:18,20). You can go be a witness for God in your school, sharing the truth in love, with the power of Jesus, who is with you!

Lord, I pray for this dear girl who is so burdened for those around her who are fulfilling the lust of their flesh instead of walking in the Spirit. I pray you would draw her near to you and help her to abide in you. Give her a love for those around her. Help her be your witness and share you, Jesus, with the lost at her school because you are the only one who can change hearts and lives. Lord, keep this girl pure until marriage. Guard her against the attacks of Satan and the desires of her own flesh. Help her to continue to choose to honor and obey you as she waits for marriage to be sexually intimate. I ask this in Jesus' name, Amen.